Friday 19 June 2015

Square "I" of ISMT. Fiery Lesser Angle of the Earth Tablet


Rehearsed the calls and the names, and visualized the pyramid. The 
pyramid for this square has north = earth, east = earth kerub = Taurus, 
west = earth of fire of earth = Princess of Wands, and south = fire.

I did not feel like I was getting much of response to the invocation. The 
pyramid was unclear, and would not focus despite repeated invocations, 
and the use of the letters and the pentagrams. 

I entered into the pyramid, and saw the sphinx. He had the head and 
upper body and legs of a bull, and the rear body and tail of a lion. But his 
front legs were actually arms, so that he looked a bit like a minotaur.

He responded in kind to the 5=6 signs, and added the 1=10 sign. The 
image was still weak and out of focus. I tried to ask him to take me to a 
place where I could see the power of the square, but the image kept 
fading in and out, and I could not get the point across. I heard a voice 
saying something about the "nature of the square", but I could not hear it 
clearly.

Since the session did not seem to be going well, I cut it off and returned to 
my astral temple. After closing the temple, I returned to my body and went 
to sleep.

(I concluded later that the vision failed because I had spent much of the 
afternoon considering the implications of the previous vision. I still had a 
residual "charge" from that vision that had to leak off before a new force 
could come in clearly.)

11/18/85

At work today, I began to get images related to the square, but they were 
still weak. There was also a sensation that some kind of written or spoken 
narrative was waiting for me to hear it or transcribe it. I wrote down a few 
things, and most of it seemed to relate more or less to this square, but it 
started to get into praises of my personal power as a magician. This type 
of message always makes me suspicious, since I had had cause to regret 
believing similar praise in the past.

The more coherent section of the notes began:

"I gave the 5=6 sign [to the sphinx] and he responded with the same and 
added the 1=10 and 4=7 signs. He said: 'Behold, O worshiper, you have 
reached the culmination of your journey. I have been formed to be your 
[untranslatable thought involving receptivity to creative impulses] and as 
my god are you worshiped in turn by all the elements.'"

"I questioned him about this comment but kept getting distracted by 
events in the office. From several repetitions on the sphinx's part, it 
seemed that he said 'You are now a creator in truth, and therefore you 
have rights of control over all the elements of the four Walls of Enoch. But 
I speaketh not of the Floor.'11 He seemed reluctant to say more.

"I asked the sphinx to show me a scene representative of the square. I 
saw a scene of great lushness, tropical, with the heat seeming to rise from 
the ground. We were in a field surrounded on three sides by jungle, 
thickest to the north as we faced, thinner on the left, and changing to 
savannah on the right. To the south, the savannah was burning steadily, 
without smoke but with fire covering everything from about 100 yards 
away to the horizon. Children or small sprites played in the thin jungle to 
the west. 

"The Bull led me through the trees to the north, to a clearing surrounded 
by hardwood trees. The soil of the clearing was rich and loamy, and 
looked as if it had just been turned for planting.

"The bull spoke and said that the earth was cleared, and ready for 
whatever impulse12 I chose to put into it. I asked what sort of impulse it 
had in mind, and why I should do such a thing. (A touch of paranoia 
inspired by his previous comments about my privileges.)

"He explained that as a creator, I had to demonstrate my creativity by 
putting a new thing into this world. My interpretation of Achad's cabala 
would be such a thing. If I wished such a creation to grow and continue to 
bear fruit, it must be planted as a fire in the earth.

"I asked if anything else could be planted there, and what sort of thing. He 
said that anything would do, so long as it came from my own mind. He 
had suggested my cabala as my most worthy creation. 

"I asked how to do it and was told to plant its image in the soil. I visualized 
Achad's version of the Tree of Life. With each path that I added, I tried to 
put in the flavor or quality that I associated with the essence of the path. 
With the Tree visualized as best I could, I concentrated the image in my 
ajna center, and then threw it out from myself to enlarge and stand above 
the soil.

"Saying, "May this Tree live forever, and cover all the earth with its glory.", 
I caused it to sink into the soil until it was gone from sight.

"The Bull rejoiced with a glad heart."

At this point, business in the office picked up, and I had to spend the rest 
of the day interviewing. I stuffed my notes away and forgot about it until 
evening. 

I did the invocations again beginning at 6:06 pm. I got a clear image of the 
pyramid, and also a clear image of the sphinx, who seemed decidedly 
bored with all these comings and goings. He nodded to me and gestured 
upwards with his nose. I tested him with the pentagram and letters, which 
seemed to strengthen him. But the vision did not seem to want to go any 
where. So I got up and transcribed the above account of the events up to 
date, and went to do a Tarot reading to see if it would shed any light on 
the matter.

The reading indicated specifically that it was my resistance to the praise in 
the vision that was keeping me from seeing it clearly, and that I should 
throw myself into it and let the resistance come after it was over, if it had 
to. The "Celtic Cross" spread was the one used, and in the position 
defining the querent, it indicated a man who was disappointed because 
what he had intended to be a simple teaching aid had ceased to be so. 
This was so close to the mark that I had to laugh.

While I was putting the cards away, I got an image of the Egyptian 
goddess who rules the square, Nepthys. She was wearing the Moon 
Crown, with black and white nemyss, collar, and tunic, and she had yellow 
skin.

She gestured to me and lead me into the forest to the north of the field in 
which we stood. I saw that it was the same field of this afternoon's vision, 
but that it was night now, and a new moon matching the real moon's 
phase was in the sky. Despite being just a sliver, the vision's moon put out 
enough light to see.

We traveled again to the clearing of the earlier visions. It looked the same 
as I approached it, but as soon as I entered, I was covered by a thick 
darkness, almost palpable. The faintest of red glows could be seen or felt 
within it. Growing nervous, I intended to call upon Nepthys, but the name 
that I called out was "Nuit!"13

Immediately the sky cleared and the darkness vanished. The first thing 
my eyes saw was the night sky, brilliant stars in blackness, seeming to 
loom down. I could feel that the sky was Nuit. A voice without words said 
"Yes, my child, I, the mother of all and the end of all, come upon you. The 
thick darkness that you saw, laced with faint red, is my special sign to you, 
with the feeling of my presence that it gives. You saw it once before when 
you emerged from the Tree [in The Beast and the Star]."

The sky loomed yet nearer, and in some way the dimensions twisted, so 
that the earth and myself interpenetrated with the field of stars. We 
seemed to be parsecs across, but at the same time we retained our 
normal small size on the cosmic scale.

I felt myself being drawn into the field of stars, changing my shape to the 
basic sphere, whose simple elegance rules in the macrocosm. My earthly 
self was partially shed, so that I was touched at a deeper level by the 
scene.

I noted that in some way the spirit of the earth had been drawn up with 
me, and was itself become as a star in that sky. She appeared first as I 
usually see her from space, blue and brown clothed in white, then I saw 
her on the astral level, shrouded in a cloud of noxious gases, only a few of 
which are material in nature. Then I saw her transformed, glowing brightly 
enough to outshine all else around her.  

(Throughout all this, I had simultaneously been seeing the earth as a 
planet and as a woman. In woman-phase, she appeared first as a mother 
about 25 years old, fully mature in body and young in outlook. The 
correspondence to the miasma-image was a woman who had been 
burdened with the karma of millions through no fault of her own. In her 
transformation, she shed the dark, murky stew of emotions in which she 
had been clothed, She appeared young and bright, but with a knowledge 
so deep that it had made her innocent again.  

I marveled at the beauty of this young woman, though I can not describe it 
at all now beyond saying that she seemed to be all things at once. And 
even more I marveled that I was connected to her in some way that made 
me feel married. On thinking about this, it seemed reasonable. Earth 
certainly knows at least as much about me as a wife does about her 
husband. And, reversing it, my own knowledge of her, so very much less, 
was about equal to the average husband's knowledge of his wife. The 
connection between us felt very good, with an undercurrent of love given 
unconditionally. Love fairly shone from her and blinded me until I turned 
away.)

Nuit said, again without words, "This shall regenerate the world, the little 
world my sister, my heart & my tongue, unto whom I send this kiss."14

I was then sent a burst of information, and it took a while to untangle it all. 

It was the success of myself and my fellow magicians that "regenerated" 
the world. Every time one human being became fully aware of his/her 
star-ness, it raised the spiritual level of the being that enlivened the earth 
as well. 

In incarnating as the earth, this being had deliberately cut herself off from 
communion with her fellows among the stars. She had voluntarily "entered 
a prison of the flesh" in order to set the conditions necessary for her own 
next initiation. In doing so, she had also made herself the garbage dump 
for all the negative emotional matter in this sector of space.  

Receiving all this emotional matter served dual purposes. In relation to the 
earth herself, it enabled her to perform a "service" for her "community", 
loosely speaking, while at the same time undergoing a trial necessary to 
her advancement. The act was a service because it gave certain other 
stellar beings in the neighborhood, notably the star Set (Sirius or Sothis), 
a clean environment in which to undergo his next initiation, and to perform 
certain other magickal tasks. 

Now, to get out of this condition, it is necessary for the earth to have a 
certain number of fully conscious beings living in her, who are aware of 
their place in the larger cosmos. When these beings throw their 
consciousness outside the earth's aura, they punch holes in the blanket of 
emotional matter surrounding the earth. These holes continue to expand 
so long as the person maintains some connection within the earth's 
sphere. Each hole allows energy and information from the outside to get 
back to the earth's Life. Thus, she gains strength she needs to disperse 
the cloud, and material of the proper grade for her own growth.

And since each adept's consciousness is reflected in her own, the 
increased vibrations of the adept's awareness also raises her own state of 
consciousness slightly, further helping her to regain her lost state.

When the needed number of adepts are fully linked into the outer 
universe, then the earth can use their paths as a route to send her whole 
awareness out. From outside the material aura of the planet, she can take 
direct action to disperse the emotional miasma, and those beings who live 
on earth because of it. With the Air again clear, then balance will be 
restored to the relations between the kingdoms on earth, and man will find 
his place as its caretaker.

Thus, the initiations of individuals do good to the earth simply by having 
happened. Their continued existence on earth continues the good, so 
long as their knowledge of their place as stars in the womb of Nuit also 
continues. They need do nothing else but pursue their own wills. This is 
why it is a lie that sacrifice is necessary to initiation, and a lie that the 
initiated have a duty to spread their knowledge. 

Nuit bent down and enveloped myself and the earth in an embrace that 
was inside us as well as about us. It definitely felt like a kiss despite 
enclosing us completely. Then I returned to the clearing where we started, 
and the earth spirit went back into her body.

I looked about the clearing and wondered if I should close the vision or 
continue. A voice told me to wait a moment. I took the opportunity to go to 
the bathroom. It had taken a while to sort out what that burst of 
information had in it, and it was now 8:10 pm. I am certain that I have 
forgotten a lot of what was in the burst. For a while, ideas had gone by so 
fast that they were replaced by another before the could be absorbed.

I returned to the clearing. It was still and quiet. The moon seemed to have 
gone lower in the western sky, and there was not as much light. What little 
there was faded quickly, leaving me again in full darkness.

I heard: "You have invoked the powers of the fire of earth. And as we 
have told you, we have given to you in full measure. For is not the being 
who is the life of Earth ultimately the true fire of earth? Did she not inject 
herself into the body of earth as in the square "T", cutting herself off from 
her kind in order to bring life to the world? And did not her life disperse 
throughout the earth, as in the square "M", feeding every living creature, 
maintaining order of types and functions among them? And did not you, 
her creature, under the pressure of her life, become transformed from an 
amorphous lump into a Star? And is this not the reward of all the adepts 
upon her? And did you not see yourself, a Star of fire15, married to her 
within my field? And is not the heart of your soul, your own creation, now 
buried in her to grow and reproduce? Thus ye have made her the Bride, 
and IHVH is fulfilled within the Fiery Lesser Angle." 

Abruptly, the vision ended, and all sense of connection was gone. I went 
and finished this account of the vision, which I end here at 10:10pm.
-----------------------------------------------------

Notes and comments: (1985)

When I started this series of astral visions, it was only with the thought of 
doing something interesting with some unexpected free time. Square "T" 
was picked on a moment's impulse. It was only after the vision that I 
thought about invoking the other squares in the series. 

The experience of the first vision brought to mind one of the things that 
has annoyed me about published accounts of the Enochian squares. That 
is, these accounts all seemed haphazard. Squares were picked at 
random, and no effort was made to show the squares in their relation to 
the rest of the Tablet. While this might be satisfactory for demonstrating 
astral projection techniques, it did not do justice to the complexity or 
quality of the system. I decided to do a series of projections for related 
squares of one of the Tablets. The one I had just done seemed an ideal 
starting point.

All the squares in this series are what is known as "kerubic" squares. 
There are four in each of the lesser angles of each tablet, and they direct 
the operations of the sixteen subservient squares of the Angle. Their 
position and function make them an embodiment of the overall powers of 
the Angle.

The formula of IHVH determines most of the attributions in the tablets. 
Each of the kerubic squares is related to one letter of IHVH, as their name 
implies. Since each Lesser Angle and each Tablet is also related to one of 
the letters, we have three levels of interaction with the name. So under 
this system, the square "T" represents Fire of Fire of Earth, square "M" is 
Water of Fire of Earth, and so on. This symbolism is fairly clear in the 
visions.

By the time I started on the square "M", I had a whole plan lined out for 
doing the visions, analyzing the symbolism, and showing the interrelations 
between them. Nothing more was expected of the visions than a more-or-
less formal presentation of symbolic correspondences, and their relation 
to everyday events and objects. This was all I had gotten out of the 
system up till then, and there seemed no reason to expect anything 
different. 

After the second vision, this was still my intent. But after the first of the 
invocations for the square "S", I began to get feelings that things were 
getting out of hand. There was an impression that someone had co-opted 
my little project and that I was no longer in control of it. This is to be 
expected when a higher force is invoked, but the Elemental Tablets had 
always seemed to relate to the forces operating in the mundane world, 
which are normally under the magician's control.

The manner in which the vision of square "S" occurred verified that 
something more than my own will was involved in creating the vision. 
First, much of it occurred without my normal consciousness being 
involved. It appears that my magickal self was isolated from my mundane 
persona for the vision, and the persona only remembered it after the fact. 
Second, the events of the vision occurred in a way that defies normal 
concepts of experiential time. Certain sections are remembered as having 
happened one at a time, and yet they are also remembered as happening 
simultaneously. I had experienced this effect before, but not in cases 
involving such a large amount of information.

The twisted-time effect was even more pronounced in square "I". The 
vision occurred in a way that was not at all serial. Instead, it appeared as 
a complete creation in four dimensions, and was only translated into a 
serial-time mode after the fact.

I would like to point out that the visions continued to follow the attributions 
of the squares invoked despite the change of approach and scope in the 
latter two visions. Beyond this, they speak for themselves. 

You may have noticed that the starting and stopping times of the visions 
include a large number of symmetric numbers. This was not deliberate. 
My unconscious is attracted to these numbers, and frequently arranges 
events in this way. There is no particular occult meaning involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment